About Madison Square Garden Entertainment Corp.
Madison Square Garden Entertainment Corp. (MSG Entertainment) is a leader in live entertainment. The Company presents or hosts a broad array of events in its diverse collection of venues: New York’s Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; and The Chicago Theatre. MSG Entertainment is also building a new state-of-the-art venue in Las Vegas, MSG Sphere at The Venetian. In addition, the Company features the original production – the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes – and through Boston Calling Events, produces the Boston Calling Music Festival. The Company’s two regional sports and entertainment networks, MSG Network and MSG+, deliver a wide range of live sports content and other programming. Also under the MSG Entertainment umbrella is Tao Group Hospitality, with entertainment dining and nightlife brands including: Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Beauty & Essex, Cathédrale, Hakkasan and Omnia. More information is available at www.msgentertainment.com.
Madison Square Garden Entertainment (MSG) is looking for a non-flying Director of Flight Operations and Logistics. Under general direction, the Director of Flight Operations and Logistics will plan, direct, coordinate, and evaluate all aspects of MSGE Aviation flight operations for all company owned, managed, and chartered aircraft. This position will interpret policies, develop and implement programs, plan and create procedures to support safe and efficient flight operations, in accordance with FAA and ICAO regulations, established MSG Aviation procedures and standard operating practices. The Director will also support maintenance activities with long term planning, scheduling, and procurement needs to help insure fleet readiness. This position will have duel reporting lines into the current aviation leadership for the department.
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
- Oversees daily flight schedule of large FAA Part 91 turbine aircraft operator, which also includes extensive rotary-wing charter operations.
- Insures operational limitations due to weather, aircraft performance, air space restrictions, and any other impediment to flight ops are identified and communicated in a timely fashion with potential alternatives whenever available.
- Develop and maintain reliable contracted sources for charter aircraft, FBO services, contract fuel providers, international service providers, and other special needs to support the operation.
- Assist aviation leadership with crewing, international trip planning, maintenance scheduling, and special projects.
- Collaborate and coordinate logistics needs with Maintenance Department to ensure parts are provided timely to support all flight operations.
- Formulate strategies to minimize operational costs and develop logistics budgets, working closely with Aviation Leadership and Finance Department to properly account for operational and logistics expenditures.
- Monitor changes in aircraft usage and flight patterns to assess financial impact
- Works within the Flight Department to promote a culture of safety with efficient procedures that support customer service.
- Hire, develop, and mentor new and existing staff.
- Aid in the design and procurement of appropriate technology consistent with a fortune 100 company.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation Management, Flight Operations Management, or related discipline.
- Five or more years’ significant experience in business aviation flight operations with demonstrated progressive leadership ability and experience in fixed and rotary-wing operations
- Demonstrated knowledge of worldwide flight operations of business aviation aircraft for both fixed and rotary wing aircraft.
- Understanding of aeronautical weather and the impact on rotary-wing operations in the Northeast, US
- Ability to develop internal and external network to support worldwide aircraft operations.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and business acumen.
- Ability to conduct business presentations for senior executives and other stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong PC-based computer skills; proficiency utilizing various software such as Microsoft Office; web-based e-mail/calendar applications; virtual office/cloud-based file sharing (i.e., one drive, Sharepoint, and Microsoft teams.).
- Ability to manage files and maintain records in compliance with standard or required recordkeeping practices.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to provide clear, concise information to business partners, Executive Assistants, aircraft owners, passengers, other departments, in verbal, written, and electronic formats.
- Non-flying position
- This position will accomplish department objectives by supervising staff and organizing and monitoring flight operations and logistics support to the department. Supervision of professional and support staff requires effective leadership, team building, attention to numerous details, and creating an environment in which employees are engaged, motivated, and trusted.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
- Ability to work a rotating schedule as dictated by the aircraft flight schedule.
- Occasional lifting to 50 pounds (with assistance, if required).
Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation Management, Flight Operations Management, or related discipline.
At MSG we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, sexual and reproductive health choices, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations.