Coca Cola is recruiting for the position of Chief Pilot.
The Coca-Cola Company is one of the most recognized brands in the world and our aviation department is proud to be responsible for the safe, efficient, and world class travel experience of our senior leadership. Mirroring our business, about 25% of our executive travel is domestic and about 75% is international. We have an incredible team of aviation professionals and we’re excited to add a Chief Pilot to help direct our aviation strategy, operation, and innovation. This role will wear two hats; Head of Mobility Operations and Full international flying captain.
The Chief Pilot will provide tactical guidance and leadership to pilots, aircrew members and department personnel. She/He will ensure flights are conducted according to safety and other regulations; may determine training, scheduling and maintain flight records. In this role the Chief Pilot will manage within a nominated sub-function or related sub-functions; typically, a highly experienced manager who is accountable for budget, policy recommendations and medium-term planning; decisions tend to be more tactical at the country level. If you have international captain experience and have experience with people management we’d love to talk!
What you’ll do for us
- Provide guidance and personnel leadership with regards to Pilots and other Air/Ground Crew, Training and Mobility Operations
- Fly senior leadership and VIP’s domestically and internationally on extended long-range aircraft (Gulfstream 600)
- Participates in the development and implementation of flight policies and guidelines.
- Provides management with periodic reports.
- Must meet all requirements for Captain. May function as a flight crew member (flight time typically minimum of 50% to maximum of 75% of the average line pilot flight workload)
- Manage a team of ~8 direct reports with cross functional responsibilities
- Participate in the Aviation Safety Management System (SMS)
- Provide business decisions to support the Strategic Business Plan in liaison with the Aviation leadership team
- Participates in the development and implementation of department policies, guidelines and budget planning
- Responsible for the professional standards of Pilots and other Air/Ground Crew, Business Operators and Contractors
- Responsible for developing policies and programs for allocation of flight crew resources to maximize utilization and meet company needs
- Monitors the aviation industry through benchmarking and evaluation of peer departments
- Participate in the development and implementation of an operating culture which ensures total operational safety and efficiency
- Manage and collaborate with external aviation vendors, brokers, FAA representatives and regulatory bodies
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of domestic and international Aviation experience (civil, military, or government)
- 4,000+ fixed wing flight hours
- Experience in scenario planning and analyzing new business opportunities
- People management experience
- MBA or relevant master’s degree
- Experience managing a team of direct reports
- Part 91 or 135 flight experience
- Safety Management experience
- Strong financial acumen
- Experience outside of Aviation function (Management of other operational areas).
What we can do for you
Join the most globally recognizable brand in the world, flying on a truly global scale
We look for people who want to learn and lead and pride ourselves in giving our team the opportunities for career development
Join a world class aviation department that prides itself in continuous learning and improvement to be an aviation industry leader
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.