Based in Lincoln, Nebraska, Silverhawk Aviation has been in business since 1991 and our goal is to become one of the largest charter providers in the Midwest. We strive to continue simplifying private travel for our clients and our employees. Silverhawk Aviation has a complete FBO, maintenance, and avionics department, as well as a charter fleet of 17 aircraft and plans to add at least two more per year. We believe that people matter and our employees are an integral part of continued growth.
The Director of Operations is responsible to report to the VP of Charter in growing a department that supports the safe and efficient execution of flight operations consistent with Silverhawk Aviation’s long-term vision. The position will support management and supervisory staff to develop operational solutions and act as a point of contact with the charter department and outside regulatory groups. Key responsibilities include performing and delivering various flight operations functions and programs including but not limited to: aircraft performance, record keeping, FAA relations, operational control, and talent acquisition.
Other primary responsibilities include:
- Ensure legal, safe, and efficient training and scheduling operations.
- Update and enforce company policies and compliance with all FAA/DOT/TSA laws, rules, and regulations overseeing the flight activities.
- Perform crewmember duties when qualified in the aircraft.
- Final approval of all flight operations personnel.
- Ensure all record keeping requirements and the proper monitoring and removal of those records.
- Responsible, in conjunction with the Director of Maintenance and pilot-in-command, to ensure that the maintenance and inspection status of aircraft is current.
- These duties may be delegated but the Director of Operations is still ultimately responsible.
- Must hold an airline transport certificate.
- Either had three years of management experience at a part 121 or 135 company in the past six years; or
- Has had at least three years of pilot-in-command experience at a part 121 or 135 company in the past six years.
- Experience with any of the following aircraft preferred: King Air 90, Citation 500 series, Citation 560XL series, or Citation 680 series.
Silverhawk Aviation offers competitive pay, full medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k) with company match, voluntary life and disability insurance, and end-of-year profit sharing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.